Nominate a Nurse Today for ANA-ME Awards
The nomination period is open to nominate a colleague for The Agnes E. Flaherty Leadership Award and The Sister Consuela White Spirit of Nursing Award. Nominations close August 31, 2018. Awardees will be honored following the ANA-MAINE Business Meeting in Freeport on September 27, 2018. Please mark your calendar in the event your nominee is chosen. A blind review and selection of the nominee is assured by Award Committee cooperative exchange with our colleagues in the Northeast Multistate Division. Winners are notified prior to the Awards event. Awardees will be honored as our guests at dinner on September 27, 2018 and each award recipient may ask two guests to attend dinner free of charge. Do you have questions? Please E-mail the Awards Committee at email@example.com.
There are two categories of practice for each award. Indicate the category of choice in the online nomination form and upload your descriptive document for expedient electronic submission.
- The first category includes administrators, educators, public office holders or nominee, and health care providers in advanced practice role.
- The second category includes staff nurses in any setting: schools, community. Long term care, acute care, home care etc. Preceptors for students would fall into this category.
The Agnes E. Flaherty Leadership Award: Defining qualities include the ability to:
- Develop a work environment that fosters autonomy and creativity.
- Value and empower others.
- Affirm the uniqueness of each individual.
- Motivate others to work toward a common goal.
- Identify common values.
- Be committed to the profession and society.
- Think long-term and be visionary.
- Be politically astute.
- Think in terms of change and renewal.
The Sister Consuela White Spirit of Nursing Award: Defining qualities include the ability to:
- Listen on a deep level and to truly understand.
- Keep an open mind and hear without judgment.
- Deal with ambiguity, paradoxes and complex issues.
- Believe that honestly sharing critical challenges with all parties and asking for their input is more important than personally providing solutions.
- Be clear on goals and good at pointing the direction without giving orders.
- Use foresight and intuition.
- See things whole and sensing relationships and connections.
Deadline: August 31, 2018