Scholarships Available from ANA-Maine, Deadline July 1, 2019.
ANA- Maine Nursing Student Scholarship Criteria
What is this scholarship?
- Two scholarships are available to be applied for in the spring, the receipients will be acknowledged at the annual meeting in the fall. One (1) $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a student enrolled in a BSN program, and (1) $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a student enrolled in an advanced nursing degree program.
Who is eligible?
- Individuals currently enrolled and matriculated in a Maine state-approved, accredited registered nursing program leading to an associate degree, baccalaureate, masters or doctoral degree in nursing
- Doctoral candidates in out of state programs may apply with permanent residency in Maine
- Enrolled in at least half-time status and has successfully completed 30 credits of program curriculum
- Must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA and be in good standing with academic institution
- Member of ANA Maine or Student Nurses’ Association Membership
When will the scholarship(s) be awarded?
Fall Annual Meeting
Who chooses the recipient(s)?
Student affairs committee chair and three other members will complete a rubric for each application. Applications are blinded by student affairs committee member and given to chair for blind reviewing by the committee and the winners are announced to the ANA-Maine Board.
What documents are required with the application?
- Copy of the most recent transcript and degree audit
- Proof of ANA-Maine membership or Student Nurses’ Association Membership
- Essay describing how nursing will/has impacted your life
- One professional/academic letter of recommendation
Opens for application on March 1st for Spring Award
Application deadline July 1st for Spring Award
Please mail completed packet to: ANA-Maine. PO Box 647, Kennebunk, ME 04043