ANA-ME Nursing Education Scholarships Available. Apply Today!
What is this scholarship?
- ANA-Maine is pleased to award two annual nursing education scholarships. Funding for the scholarships are provided by ANA-Maine members, community members, and the Arthur L. Davis Publishing Agency.
- The recipients will be acknowledged at the annual business meeting in the fall of each year. One (1) $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a student enrolled in an accredited pre-licensure registered nursing program. One (1) $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a registered nurse enrolled in a master's in nursing or doctorate program.
Who is eligible?
- Individuals currently enrolled and matriculated in a Maine state-approved, accredited registered nursing program leading to an associate degree, baccalaureate, masters or doctoral degree in nursing
- Doctoral candidates in out of state programs may apply with permanent residency in Maine
- Enrolled in at least half-time status and has successfully completed 30 credits of program curriculum
- Must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA and be in good standing with academic institution
- Must be a member of ANA or ANA-Student Subscriber
When will the scholarship(s) be awarded?
Awardees are notified by September 1 and invited to attend the annual Fall Annual Business Meeting to be recognized and receive the award.
Who chooses the recipient(s)?
Student affairs committee chair and three other members will complete a rubric for each application. A blind review is completed by the student affairs committee. Awardees are announced to the ANA-Maine Board prior to the fall annual meeting.
What documents are required with the application?
- • Copy of the most recent transcript and degree audit
- • Proof of ANA-Maine membership or Student Nurses’ Association Membership
- • Essay describing how nursing will/has impacted your life (one page and single spaced)
- • One professional/academic letter of recommendation
Applications may be accessed beginning May 1st. Application deadline is August 15. Please mail completed packet to: ANA-Maine Membership Committee. PO Box 647, Kennebunk, ME 04043.
Click Below to Apply for Maine-Nursing Student Scholarship-Program. https://form.jotform.com/anamaineforms/anamaine-scholarship-application
Congratulations to the 2020 Scholarship Winners:
- Michelle Twitchell, Turner, ME. Maine College of Health Professionals, AA/RN. Anticipated grad year: 2021. Combining nursing degree with her BS in Exercise Science and hopes to work with the elderly, getting that population moving and more active to increase bone and functional health.
- Rhonda Babine, Old Orchard Beach, ME. Thomas Edison State University, DNP Systems Leadership. Anticipated grad year: 2022. As a practicing nurse for the past 34 years, Rhonda has been an advocate for the progression of nursing through continued education, research, and leadership. She is very interested in the translation of evidence into clinical practice.